- engage as many of our children as possible in the widest range of physical activities and sports;
- provide our children with the tools to build happy active lifestyles;
- support pupils' physical health and stamina;
- support pupils' mental health and wellbeing;
- allow our children to experience the buzz of taking part in competitive sporting events.
Sport Premium Information 2020-21
The Primary PE and Sport Premium is awarded to every school with primary aged pupils and must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. Schools should publish the amount of premium received; a full breakdown of how it has been spent (or will be spent); what impact the school has seen on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment and how the improvements will be sustainable in the future. Schools should also consider how their use of the premium is giving pupils the opportunity to develop a healthy, active lifestyle.
In 2020-2021 we will receive £16,565 of funding.
There are 5 key areas for the premium to be spent on:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport.